Pages

Monday 7 May 2012

Photography Ideas - Dream-like Photography

Dream-like Photography


I was looking online and came across this technique of photography I really liked, where a projector was used on a person. I liked the effect of a person merged into scenery, and it really captures the imagination. The overlaying of two images works well to create one piece, that stand out as quite unique. I like how items are repeted and scene looks hazy, making the sence appear dream-like.


- Bryce Parker
 
I found this image on Flckr click here, this photography is done by Bryce Parker. Here a projector is used on a wall as a person stands in front of it. I like how the reflection creases with the creased in the model's top.




                                           - Dana Boulos


I like the work of photographer Dana Boulos who is currently based in California. Her work with model Sky Ferreira looks like a fantasy fairy tale. There is not a lot of colours used in the photograph, but the use of blur and repetition of images makes the photography eye-catching and quite beautiful to look at. I really like how the photography looks dreamy and blurred.




                                          - Petra Collins



Petra Collins uses the same effect in her photography - repetition and overlaying of images. In contrast, Collins' work looks quite funky and reminds me of the Hippie era. I like this in the photography as it looks quite relaxed.


-My inspired work
After looking at this photography technique I wanted to try making my own. Using photographs I had previously taken for the Floral Queen photo shoot, I went into Adobe Photoshop to further edit and merge different photographs together. I repeated some photographs, and laid some on top of others, then used tool such as opacity, the fill tool and the blending change tool, I was able to enhance some photographs more than others. The transparency of some photography allowed for the photography under can show up. I really liked using this technique and this is something I will take further as it is a good way to reflect a dream-like experience.
















No comments:

Post a Comment