Pages

Monday 7 May 2012

Danny Allison Inspired photography


Danny Allison





This is the work of Danny Allison. The work stands out because of the 
serious tone brought through the image. There is not a wide use of colour only more dark colours. This makes the work more realistic and gritty. I like that the work looks natural, and its just a portrait of ordinary people.





I really like the work of Danny Allison and here is photography I have created. I focused on the eyes of my subject, as everyone eyes are individual and different each telling a story. I done the work in black and white because Allison's work is not is bright bold colours, and it focuses on the subject and the story instead of a fancy image. With a zoom lens I was able to create clear close-up images, which I really like. I wanted to focus on only the eyes because the eyes relate to the imagination and the brain and as my piece is dream-like it works well to relate to it.





























Here is an Adobe Photoshop edit I created using the eyes I had photographed. I layered the different photographs on top each other and played with the opacity tool, to make some photographs more transparent than others.


Below is a photograph of an eye I had taken, I then put it into Photoshop and changed the gradient so it looked like a purple filter had been put through it. I then merged this photograph with the photograph I had taken from my trip to London, and used the Hard Light tool to make the photograph of the eye transparent. I like the outcome of the photograph, and think it looks quite gritty and real like the photography of David Allison.









No comments:

Post a Comment