Pages

Monday 7 May 2012

Photography Editing Ideas- Felt Tips and Photography

Felt Tips and Photography


This is the work of  Minna Gilligan a 20 year old artist based in Australia. I like that the work looks quite childish, reminding me of colouring with felt-tips when I was young. I think this is effective because it looks fun. The range of bright colours makes the piece bold even through the colouring is not done neatly and white paper come through. The use of repetition and symmetry in some of her work works well to make the piece quite weird and quirky. The use of  photography and felt tips, makes the work more textured. 







Find more of her work here http://www.minnagilligan.com



Transforming my photography in Minna Gilligan

I really like the technique used by Minna Gilligan and wanted to transform a portrait photograph I had previously created into a Gilligan style work. I used marker pen and felt tips to colour the background of the image. I like the fun the colours bring to a black and white image, and I may trail with this technique in the future.









No comments:

Post a Comment