Pages

Monday 7 May 2012

My Trip To London

My trip to London's Madame Tussauds 




The bus trip.

Morgan Freeman.


Kate Moss.

Andy Warhol.

Steven Spielberg.

Marilyn Monroe.

Audrey Hepburn.

Horror part of the museum.

Muhammad Ali.

Queen Elizabeth 1.

King Henry viii.

Stephen Hawking.


Robbie Williams.

Jimi Hendrix.

Amy Whinehouse.|

Michael Jackson.

Beyonce.

Elvis Presley.

Bob Marley.

Mahatma Gandhi.

Winston Churchill.

Margaret Thatcher.

John F. Kennedy.


Nelson Mandela.


Samuel L Jackson



In order to learn more about portraits, I went on a trip to Madame Tussauds which is a wax work museum in London. The museum was founded by sculpture Marie Tussaud who died in the 1850s. Now the museum has a range of different waxworks including that of musicians, the monarchy, infamous criminals and film stars, which generates a lot of tourist attraction. I hoped by going on this trip to see waxwork I could see a different way of creating portraits. The waxworks look realistic, and amazing to look at close-up when you are able to compare the human person and the waxwork. Although, I will not be creating waxwork, I think looking at this technique was highly interesting. It also showed me the importance of making sure the clothing fits in with the subject. The clothing that each of the waxworks wore represented their personality and how the public view them.

When creating my portraits through photography I will need to show the theme through the clothing my model wears, as costume as well as location are important when creating a photographic piece, if you want a particular theme to be transferred to the audience.




No comments:

Post a Comment