Pages

Monday 7 May 2012

An inspired floral head dress

An inspired floral head dress

Drew Barrymore


Image
Nasty Gal



Lana Del Rey

Image



I really like floral patterns and prints, and as Summer comes near prints have come back in fashion. After watching the video to the song "Born To Die" by American singer-song writer Lana Del Rey, I was inspired to create something as dream-like as the video. This head dress will be used in future Lana Del Rey inspired photo shoots, which relates to one of the jars I will be creating. Lana Del Rey was one of my main inspirations for creating a floral head dress as I believe this related to the dreams element of my final idea.  The concept of the music video was thought up by Lana Del Rey and the outcome is quite beautiful. Yoann Lemoine is the director behind the video which has had many positive comments from publications such as Billboard and Rolling Stone. Yoann Lemoine is a musician himself, but most known for his creation of Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" video and Drake featuring Rhianna's "Take Care" video. The video itself is like art, and each shot works as a photograph. In the future photo shoot I will do with the floral head dress I created I would like to create a photography which is quite beautiful.





Creating the head dresses














I created two head dresses made with artificial flowers, head bands, beads and super glue. I like the outcome of the piece, and will use this in a future photo shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment