Pages

Monday 7 May 2012

Linocut

Linocut

Linocut is a print making technique, where a surface is cut into so there are different marks on the work. Below are linocuts that I have found and I really like them. The use of only two colours in the pieces makes  lines more defined and the high contrast of the two colours makes the piece eye-catching. In the first photograph there is a lot of emotion transferred through the image even though it is only monochrome coloured. The use of only two colours in linocut, allows you to look deeper into the image and focus and the subject. When I look deeper into the piece the eyes of the subject really stand out to me. The blacks in the eyes show a possible pain shown through the eyes of the subject. The blacks in the print create shadows and the eyes of the subject are dark, making the print mysterious.










My Linocuts

I really like the linocut technique and created my own. As my first time using this technique it was fun practising, but the outcome was not as I hoped. I wanted to bring out more textures in the piece and something more meaningful.






No comments:

Post a Comment