Pages

Saturday 21 January 2012

Graphics Retail Project: Net Surface Designs

Net Surface Designs


Below are my next surface designs. I hand created each of them then made it into a box. Under each different design is a little description of the medium I used, and whether or not I believe it is successful. Under some it make state my influence of this design, and some designs were influence my the work of other artists. There are some which I think worked really well, and I am likely to go on and make this into a surface design for my packaging.









Vertical Collaging

[Vertical+Hold+paper+collage+on+canvas.jpg]

The designs below was inspired by artist Clark Goolsby. He does a lot of collaging work and I really like it because it is quite unusual. Goolsby created a piece entitled, 'Vertical Hold', which inspired my surface design below. I cut vertical stripes out of a magazine, then laid them like how I did below. I like this design, because it gave a collage effect, but it is quite organised. The bright colours, relate to the fancy dress boutique, because it is a fun themed shop.





Collaging
For the pattern below I cut out images and letters from a newspaper, then stuck them onto the net of the box. I like collaging and think the design works well, for the fun themed fancy dress boutique. If I continue with collaging, I would need to take my own photographs, so I can ensure images are relevant to my shop.




Drawing
For the pattern below I used black ink pen, to do various sketches on the surface deisng. I drew a range of little picutres images, as I wanted it to be random. I like the little drawings, but I am not sure whether all of them are suited for the fun theme of the fancy dress boutique.



Typography
For the pattern below I cut out a range of sentences, letters and words of different sizes, typefaces and fonts. I used newspaper designs, because I like the effective it creates. With more newspaper cut out designs on the surface area, I think it would look better, because at the moment it is rather empty.





Mixed Material

For the pattern below I got a range of material and put them together. A piece of card, sheet of patterned tissues paper, bubble wrap and cloth which I bleached and painted, make up this surface design. I like this because this allows consumers to touch, as well as see, bringing in another one of our five senses. The different textures, makes each side of the box individual.






Drawing Faces
For the pattern below I cut faces out of a newspaper, and used fine liner pen to draw clothes, and accessories on them. I did this, because my shop is a fancy dress shop, if the surface design of the box is fun and quirky then it could work better with the theme of the shop. If I was to further experiments I would photograph my own subjects, and draw different costumes on each of them.





No comments:

Post a Comment