Pages

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Jar Design - EVIL AND DARKNESS

EVIL AND DARKNESS

Source of image: http://tarancouture.blogspot.co.uk
This jar is another jar representing nightmares, but also the evil and darkness we all have inside us. When I think about this I immediately think villains. The first evil villain that comes to mind is the ice queen from the film 'Narnia'. The sophistication of the ice queen relates to what I wanted to put through in my photo shoot; glamorous but dark.


Masha Mel
Masha Mel is a photographer who is part of the Ardorous Collective. I really like her work and below are a few selected images from her website. A lot of Mel's photography is portraiture and I really like how she captured in subjects in each of the images. The girl with the pink, dressed in all pink, holding pink flowers is colour coordinated, and looks like someone from the past. The personalities of each of the subjects are transferred to the viewer through the image, as the models look directly to the camera, so it is like they look at you. Directly looking at the camera does look quite spooky, because it is like the subject can see you.














Masha Mel, Lana Del Rey and the ice queen inspired my "Evil and Darkness" photography shoot. I first created a floral head band made from red fake flowers, because red is a colour often associated with evil. I quite like the outcome of my photography, and went on to further edit the best of them to produce photography to a good standard despite having a normal household camera.







































-The Jar
The jar for this theme, is to represent the darkness within us. The inside of the lid will be a mirror symbolising the face of evil... Through the mirror I want to shown evil lies within everyone, and we all could be evil. I hope to paint the whole jar black symbolising darkness.  Inside of the jar will have a dislocated dolls arm standing upright, as it is trying to reach out. Glow in the dark stick, will be used to represent the light coming from the darkness. From inside the jar there will be different objects sticking up and sticking out, to add dimension to the piece and to relate more to this idea of evil and darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment