Pages

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Jar Design - 16 CANDLES


16 CANDLES
http://elysesnow.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/51yqcor53l__sl500_aa300_.jpg16 candles is an 1984 teen film directed and written by John Hughes. The film is the story of 16 year old Samantha Barker played by Molly Ringwald and how her family have forgotten her 16th birthday. The storyline is quite cheesy with the girl likes cool older boy story, but this has to be one of my favorite film. As well as 16 Candles, I love a lot of the teens films directed by John Hughes during the 80s including "Pretty In Pink", "The Breakfast Club" and "Ferris Buller's Day Off". I wanted to create this jar to represent my love for the 80s classics, and how I always wished to be in a John Hughes film. 




Images are still from film, but can be found on http://elysesnow.wordpress.com/



I am using 16 birthday candles in my piece to represent not only the film '16 Candles', but other films by John Hughes which I have loved. This jar represents me as a self-portrait on some of my film loves. Each candle will be individually decorated using ribbon, paint and other materials, as a way of making the piece more interesting and eye-catching. The candles will stand straight, as I will use super glue to attached the candles to the glass. I will also use ribbon to hang the numbers '1' and '6' from the lid of the jar, to show the number of candles. The lid of the jar will be painted pink with white stripes upon it, as a lot of these films are quite girly and romantic. I think pink is a colour represented with girls, so it is just a way to show this. The use of the white stripes is to make the lid more interesting to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment