Pages

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Jar Design - 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU



10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU

"10 Things I Hate About You" is a 1999 film directed by Jil Junger based on William Shakespeare's "The Taming of a Shrew". The screenplay was written by Karen Mc Cullah Lutz and Kirsten Smith. The storyline is basically Heath Ledger one of the main characters in the film who plays Patrick Verona in the film, the suitor of Kat Stanford played by Juila Stiles. The film is based around Kat's sister Bianca finding her untamed sister the right suitor so her father can let her experience her first date.

The film is another teen romantic film but this time from a different decade, this is a great romance film and the film has inspired me to create a piece. The jar will focus on romance and love, so it is to be quite fancy and pretty. Inside the jar will be a hand-cut paper design inspired by the artists Caroline Jane Harris and Aoyama Hina who I previously looked at when looking into paper techniques http://ifeakinroyejegraphics.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/paper-art-hand-cut-paper-stencils-and.html





Ozcbk1a7clanoncc_largeI was inspired by their work, and after trailing the technique, I wanted to create a piece in my jar. I will use card as it is thicker than normal paper, and thus less likely to rip or tear. I want the piece to be fancy and quite feminine, so like my trail the writing will be in italics, and there will be swirls. The lid of the jar will be painted a reddish pink, which are the colours more commonly associated with love.





-The poem from the film

I hope to hand-cut this poem or parts of it and place it in the jar, as this is one of the main parts of the film.


-Heath Ledger

10-things-i-hate-about-you-fire-heath-ledger-hot-movie-favim.com-297259_large

Australian born actor and Patrick Verona in film.


Images from: http://weheartit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment