Pages

Friday 20 January 2012

Graphics Retail Project: Neon Experiement for a Logo


Neon Experiement for a Logo










Image 1




Image 2

Image 3







Neon signs make great shop signs and shop fronts. The bright colours and lighting makes it stand out. Some of the world's most iconic signs are neon. I really like the luminousity of neon signs. I decided to try and experiement with neon lights. Obviously I was unable to create my own neon light with electrics, so I experiement with the next best thing Adobe Illustrator.




Sources: Image 1 http://pinterest.com/ ; Images 2 &3 http://www.neoncircus.com








My neon experiement



Above is my neon experiement which I create using Adobe Illustrator. I used techniques such as blurring effects and strokes, to create these. I wanted to create the letter 'A' as it is the first letter in 'ALBOE', but it needed to be fun, so I used the brush tool to draw the comic letter. I do like how this first trail came out. Although, it does not look a lot like a real life neon light, I think it has taken elements of the luminosity and birhgt colours.


No comments:

Post a Comment