Pages

Friday 20 January 2012

Graphics Retail Project: ALBOE Character

ALBOE Character


After doing trails for a logo, I created this little character. For now it is nameless, but after researching other companies such as McDonald's and Toys 'R' Us, I saw this little doodle can became a mascot for my fancy dress boutique. Many brand mascots are highly successful, effectively targeting the chosen audience. I done varies little sketches of different brand characters, and I think this was the most appropriate for the company, and the most effective.

I scanned copy of the doodle I previously done then used Adobe Illustrator to live trace. I like this character and I think it represents my fancy dress boutique well. I Incorporated the 'A Little Bit Of Everything' abbreviation 'ALBOE' into the lunchbox of the character, so it is distinctive. This character can appear on products, and as a type of mascot for the shop. The character wears fancy dress showing the relationship between the shop and the mascot. I think this is quite distinctive, and stands out a a character for a fancy dress shop.





I also done the character in a range of colours, and incorporated some hand-drawn designs into the clothes of the second and fifth ALBOE character. I think I would change the colour the character and the clothes depending on the background. This way the character can fit into many different designs. And can change outfit according to occasion or seasons, for example green and red for the Christmas period, or black and orange for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment