Pages

Thursday 3 May 2012

Photographer and Illustrator - Heikki Leis

Heikki Leis


Illustrations






Photography









I really like the work of Estonian artist Heikki Leis. When I initially came across his photographic work, I found it really quite interesting how one object or prop was used to describe someone. It is quite intriguing looking at his work, as I begin to imagine the story behind it. Leis photography grabs my attention and this is probably why I like it so much. When I saw this I wanted to create something that had the same affect one my audience.

Heikki Leis is both an illustrator and photographer. Leis illustrations created from pencil and pens are amazing to look at as well, appearing almost photo-like.

Work such as this is inspiring because through a photo you begin to think of a story. Although my final piece may not definitely be a photography only based piece I think when I do create my work I will take Leis' work into account. Creating something that tells a story, draws in an audience to think.

More of Heikki Leis work can be found on http://www.heikkileis.ee/

No comments:

Post a Comment