Pages

Monday 5 March 2012

Photographer - David LaChapelle

David LaChapelle

David LaChapelle's work is very different from what I have seen before. The mix of fashion and the surrealism works well to produce really eye-catching images. I like this work, because it stands out. The colours are bold and bright helping to bring out the images. These series of images are from LaChapelle's "Nuns and Maids" photography series created in 1999.
This image is of a lady dress in black laid down. She is dressed in a nun style outfit which is related to purity and cleaness. It is quite religious, but she is laid on contrasting colours. I really like LaChapelle's use of contrast, as he has put something religious like a nun upon various objects which could be considered less holy. The use of the bright colours such as pinks and red for the background make it stand out from the nun in black. I think this suggests that contrast between the objects and the nun. There is a lot of detail within the image, so when I first look at it I begin to look deeper, spotting more and more objects.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting and amazing how your post is! It Is Useful and helpful for me That I like it very much, and I am looking forward to Hearing from your next.. Interior Photography London

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that thanks for the valuabe information and insights you have so provided here. https://eventlivephoto.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you're doing here guys, keep it up!.. Wedding Planners

    ReplyDelete